- 1 ½ cup white whole wheat flour1 cup all-purpose flour1 ¼ tsp baking powder½ tsp baking soda¼ tsp salt1 tsp ground cinnamon½ cup plus 2 Tbsp (1 ¼ sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature3/4 cup sugar3 large eggs, room temperature1 ½ tsp pure vanilla extract1 ¼ cup 2% Greek Yogurt¼ cup milk1/2 cup chopped peeled apple1/2 cup shredded carrot1/2 cup chopped walnuts1/2 cup flaked coconut1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, completely drained
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 ¼ cup white whole wheat flour
½ cup brown sugar, packed
1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
½ cup toasted walnuts or pecans (optional)
1/3 cup (5 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 Tbsp Milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
Directions for Streusel Topping:
Whisk together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and walnuts; cut in the batter using a pastry blender until combined but still crumbly. Refrigerate 30 minutes before using.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two standard muffin tins with paper liners. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Stir in vanilla by hand. Add flour mixture, Greek yogurt, and milk; stir until just combined. Add in the apple, carrot, walnuts and coconut, and pineapple. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with Streusel topping.
2. Bake 38 to 42 (more depending on your oven) minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
3. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough of the 1 to 2 teaspoons water until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm cake.
Picture compliments of : http://www.bettycrocker.com/